So the last two days, I went to the gym and got in a good workout. I mean I spent over an hour and by the time I was done I was all sweaty and everything. I need the exercise too because I am way too fat and I really don’t want to be a fat fuck. I don’t mind being a skinny fuck, but being a fat fuck is a non starter and right now I really could lose a whole bunch of weight and be way, way better off for it.
At least the trip to the gym was convenient. All I had to do was to go downstairs, put on my winter gear and there was my gym. The gym being a good awful monstrous pile of snow and a wall built up by the plows at the bottom of my driveway.
Mother nature not to be outdone by the 13 inch snowfall we got back towards the end of January, followed by an almost three week deep freeze decided she wasn’t done with us yet and so on Sunday we got almost two feet of snow dumped on us. What was really just wrong about that was that it was getting to the point where I could almost see all of the ground sans snow right before the storm hit. Even worse was that the forecast kept going back and forth. There was a point at the beginning of the week where we were supposed to get hit by a big snowstorm. A few days later they were talking about only an inch or so and then come Saturday it went back to what they had originally forecast.
Even worse was that throughout most of Sunday even into the evening there was just nothing sticking. Saturday and Sunday had been warm days so the flurries we got didn’t do anything at all but then between the time I went to sleep on Sunday night and the time I got up on Monday morning the damage was done.
UGH.
I didn’t bother with it Monday because it was still snowing but Tuesday I went out thinking to see what I could get done and to at least get an opening down to the street so the mailman could deliver the mail. As it was I got more than I thought I would finished but I was out there for over an hour. I just take my time and work a certain way when shoveling snow so I don’t injure myself. I can’t believe watching my neighbors that they simply don’t know how to shovel and use their backs to life instead of their legs or that they don’t hold the shovel so they’re making a bit of a lever and not having to work so hard.
Anyway, that was a workout to be sure.
Then today when I got up I looked outside and it had snowed again!!!!!
DOUBLE UGH!!!
So, I went back out and cleared the area already shoveled and finished expanding the width of the area I cleared as well as attacking the bottom of the driveway so I could get the car in and out. It’s done. It was a lot of work and I didn’t keel over which is good, I saw the forecast that we might get another five inches of snow though but at least on the ten day I can see that a week out the temps will change and we will have a bunch of days where the lows won’t get close to freezing and all of this will melt! I can’t wait for spring!!
No comments:
Post a Comment